Background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Potomac by Moonlight

Camille Bushman, Karin Meilstrup, me, Meghan Morgan, and Laura Erekson outside my house, ready for the party.
This past weekend the DC 2nd Singles ward put together a Potomac Riverboat cruise party on Friday evening and invited singles from the surrounding wards. There were several of us girls that helped each other get ready. After I got off work I went home and met Camille Bushman at my house. She did a beautiful (and fast!) job on my hair and helped me figure out what to wear. A couple months ago I bought a beautiful black dress on an impulse buy because it was such a great deal, however, it needed some modifications in order for me to be able to wear it. I was trying to think of something I could wear with it, or else I'd just have to go with my second option. Turns out Camille had just the things I needed in her car: a black lace camisole and satin bolero jacket. It really couldn't have been more perfect for the dress.

This was the boat, but obviously this was not taken by me, seeing as I was on the boat.
We drove down to Old Town Alexandria where they were boarding the boat. Once on board it was quite the party. There was a dance in the lower level, one up was a cabin with food and tables, the third was mostly and open deck and a small balcony surrounded the captain's booth on the fourth level. It was a beautiful old time riverboat with the huge paddle wheel on the back. The boat cruised up the Potomac and it was a beautiful view of the area.

Curtis Seare, Me, Marin Arnell, and Marin's friend Arianne on the deck.

It was a bit chilly outside and I was just getting over being sick, but it was generally a beautiful evening. (I probably would have enjoyed the temperature more had I felt like dancing. I actually ended up spending a better part of the night wearing Ryan Nokes' sweater. When he decided to join the dancing, he didn't want to wear it anymore, so I gladly took it off his hands. I'm sure it went great with my black party dress!

Ryan Nokes (before I stole his sweater), Me, Trevor Redd, and Laura Erekson

No comments:

Post a Comment