We've all talked about it before, and I don't know anyone who hasn't found it intriguing--the turduckin. For any who don't know, a turduckin consists of three de-boned birds. A turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken, stuffed with stuffing. Dan has been wanting to do one for a long time, and finally, the talk was over and he made it happen. Dan roasted the birds and it made for a fantastic main dish in what I deem to be his celebratory birthday dinner. (Dan travels so much for work that he missed his actual birthday, so this was as close as we could get to celebrating his birthday.) It was really tender and all three meats were delicious. Great job Dan! We love your cooking!
Since it was also in celebration of Dan's birthday, Ryan and I made him a cake. It turned out really good. It was an extremely chocolaty cake made from scratch. I split the layers so it had 3 layers of filling. The sticky frosting is the Stewart family favorite. Its a gooey almost marshmallowy frosting. I frosted the outside and two of the layers with that, but in the center layer I used a fudgy frosting filling. It was a veritable delight of a cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment