The last week of July we went out to Idaho for a family get-together in McCall. We would always go there every year growing up, but I hadn't been again since my mission. The only problem with the trip was that is wasn't long enough!
Dan, Ryan and I flew out to Boise together and we had a 3 hour layover in Minneapolis. I had no idea that Minnesota was actually so green and beautiful. A pleasant surprise! We decided to take the train downtown from the airport to check it out. Honestly, not much to see right off the train, but it was fun to get out. And there were some cool buildings.
| Downtown Minneapolis |
We spent our time there doing the usual: tennis, swimming, puzzles, fishing, and this time we even rented jet skis! Jet skis haven't usually been part of my trip there because we've usually gone in October when it's too cold. The jet skis were probably the highlight of the activities. I was a pretty lame driver to begin, and I was a wimp when Ryan was driving, but then I got used to the rhythm of it all, and by the end, was feeling like a pretty rockin' jet skier. It was a blast!
Thursday morning we went to the Pancake House, as always. You can't leave McCall without one of these cinnamon rolls!
| Who doesn't want a cinnamon roll the size of a baby?! |
It was also great to have Dan's fiancee, Erin with us in McCall. She's great and I am so happy to have her as a sister in law in a few short weeks!
Ryan caught his very first fish! I was so proud of him. He'd never been fishing before (what a shame!) so I taught him how to cast the pole. He did a great job and brought in a nice fish for us, which we ate on Sunday.
| He's a keeper! |
No comments:
Post a Comment