Background

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in Boston

We decided to do something a little bit different for Thanksgiving this year. We made a plan with Dan and Erin to do a trip up to Boston for the week to explore the city since none of us had ever been. Ryan and I flew in to the Manchester, NH airport a day earlier than Dan and Erin. We got there late in the evening so got a hotel and slept in until they arrived the next day. Then we went and got lunch at a local restaurant. Ryan and I got a HUGE plate of various types of BBQ meats. Ryan was still hungry and ate another sandwich. It set him off on a binge/starve cycle for the next few days.


Dan has an obsession with State Capitol buildings as well as dead president's graves, so we drove about 30 minutes north to Concord, NH. We first went to see Franklin Pierce's grave. Dan got his picture by the grave, and then we went to see Pierce's house. It was in a really beautiful location right next to the river. In the summer when all the trees are green it has to be an incredibly lovely location.

Franklin Pierce's home before and after he was president of the USA.

Then was a stop at the State Capitol. It was a super old building. We walked through it for a while, partially to see it, and partially to warm up and get out of the freezing weather! After that, we called it a day and headed down to Massachusetts to find our hotel and get checked in and ready for Thanksgiving the next day.
New Hampshire State Capitol
Thanksgiving morning we went over to Erin's uncle's place. He cooked a turkey and ham and we helped get the other things cooked and put together for the meal. after dinner we played games, did a puzzle, and of course talked to our families. I forgot to take any pictures, but here's one I stole from Facebook.

Making the gravy
Thanksgiving was great and I'm so thankful for many things, especially the people in
my life that mean the most to me. The rest of the trip will be continued in Part 2...Whenever I get to writing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment