- Lucy loves to laugh now! She started to laugh occasionally a few weeks ago, but now she definitely is a pro at those squeals of delight. We love the way she gets a big smile on her face and lets out a laugh.
- She's starting to move more in her sleep, so I'm working on transitioning her to sleeping flat in the crib instead of her bouncy seat. She's still sleeping in that at night because she stays asleep longer in it, and I haven't been willing to sacrifice the nighttime sleep yet. So for now she's just taking her naps laying down flat.
- She has decided in the last week that she doesn't hate the pacifier. She always gave me an accusatory and disgusted look when I tried to give it to her before. There was no fooling that one. But recently she would not calm down to go to sleep, so I tried again and she took it like a charm. We are now using it for nap and bedtimes only, but it's been very helpful.
- She's become much more adept at reaching and grabbing. It's fun to watch her do things intentionally as she's gaining some control over her body movements.
She's a cutie! Here's some of what we've been up to:
Lucy went on her first camping trip in October. We went with our friends, the Tuckfields, to Delaware state park. They have a little boy about 3 weeks younger than Lucy. We had a great time taking our babies camping. Lucy was pretty entranced by the campfire, and she slept great.
Lucy went on her first camping trip in October. We went with our friends, the Tuckfields, to Delaware state park. They have a little boy about 3 weeks younger than Lucy. We had a great time taking our babies camping. Lucy was pretty entranced by the campfire, and she slept great.
![]() |
| Lucy is watching the campfire intently |
I started working on a wall hanging for her room before she was born, I finally finished it and got it hung up!
![]() |
| Lucy currently sleeps in the bouncy seat, in the crib |
Lucy is learning to be a good helper. Ryan went upstairs to get Lucy a new diaper and she carried it downstairs for him.
I found in my cedar chest a couple of dresses that were mine when I was a baby. I think she would have fit this better a month or two ago, but this dress was the dress I was blessed in!
I found in my cedar chest a couple of dresses that were mine when I was a baby. I think she would have fit this better a month or two ago, but this dress was the dress I was blessed in!





No comments:
Post a Comment