I've been watching the Harry Potter movies with some friends in preparation for the last one coming out on July 15th and last week after watching one my friend Emma mentioned that she needed to make banana bread and I had the brilliant idea that banana bread french toast would be a good twist to the standard. We decided to make that for our next Harry Potter viewing. I found a tasty recipe online and we put together quite a delicious meal. It was Emeril's recipe online, and a bit fancy. It had an incredible carmelized banana glaze that was divine.
In the afternoon, I went downtown and met a couple of friends for the Washington Nationals baseball game. Some call baseball games slow, but I just love the relaxed atmosphere. We had great seats and were grateful that we were on the shaded side of the stadium since it was a pretty warm day. We had a bit of a BYU 35th ward reunion there because it was me, David Bennett, and Sara Dunbabin, plus Sara brought her current roommate. It was fun to get the three of us together that had been in the same ward at BYU.
The game was actually a double header vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates, and I ended up staying for both games! After the second game they had fireworks, so I didn't get home until after 11, but it was a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment