In the morning a girl in the ward invited everyone over to her place for a waffle breakfast. People brought food to share and it was a great morning activity. I had kind of wanted to go to the national parade downtown, but I was enjoying myself too much at the breakfast and didn't make it. In retropect, I heard that the parade was good, but that I didn't miss too much.
After the breakfast I went back with Dan and Steve to their apartment and we went swimming. It actually wasn't as hot as I had anticipated, but still plenty warm to make swimming an excellent idea. After swimming for a while, I went back to my house and made a blueberry pie. I used the blueberries that we picked on Saturday. I'd never done a blueberry pie, but this one turned out really well. The crust was especially good on this delicious pie.
My friend Jen Pike hosted a barbeque at her house that evening. I brought the pie and we all had a great time eating, playing croquet, and just enjoying each others company. A couple of people brought sparklers to play with and we all agreed they don't make them like they used to. As it got dark, we walked over to a school parking lot where Fall Church was putting on a fireworks show. It was actually really well done and pretty long! It was a fun holiday with many of the good friends I have found here in Virginia.
No comments:
Post a Comment