Background

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Hershey Thanksgiving


For Thanksgiving Dan and I went up to Hershey, Pennsylvania with Steve and Karin Meilstrup. We stayed at their house and joined their family for the holiday. It was a great time to relax, enjoy lots of good music in their home, eat great food, and also tour the town. Thursday was pretty laid back. We just spent time at the house and enjoyed each other's company. It was a really good Thanksgiving, and since I couldn't be with my whole family, it was wonderful to have my brother there and to spend it with such good friends. I'm so grateful fo all my blessings!


Friday morning Steve and Karin took us on a tour of Hershey and showed us the sights. I was really hoping the whole town would smell like brownies, but it wasn't quite like that.We had a fun breakfast at the Hershey Pantry and then went over to Chocolate World. We toured the factory and saw the Hershey chocolate cows. At the end of the tour we spent quite a while in the store. By far, the LARGEST candy store I've ever been in. They also had a really cool gingerbread house built all out of Hershey candies.

Chocolate bar roof tiles, white Kit Kats, Jolly Ranchers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment