Before I got married, I thought I understood why a new couple needs to have a honeymoon after the wedding, but now I REALLY know the reason: All the prep work is exhausting and then the wedding day is such a whirlwind, the couple needs some time to rest and recover!! And boy did we ever do that. It was such a wonderful relaxing time to spend with my new husband! We went on a Carnival cruise that left out of Miami on Monday morning. Before we left, we had a little time to walk around Miami. We found this little park and this little guy was there. For some reason, the snail struck me as awesome, and funny. Hence the photos.
 |
| Wow, was this place cool or what! This is the open air central courtyard of the sweet hotel we stayed in in Miami. |
 |
| Before we left we had a little time to walk around Miami. We found a small park near the water and this little guy was there. For some reason, the snail struck me as awesome, and funny. Hence the photos. |
 |
| C'mon Ryan, just try it!! |
 |
| When we boarded the cruise it was raining! |
The first night there was pretty big storm around Miami, so the water was pretty rough. Cruise dinners are awesome, but I was feeling a little bit seasick so I couldn't eat much unfortunately. But don't worry, I made up for it on the other days.
 |
| Here's the view from our balcony |
The first port of call was Key West, FL. It's really a pretty small place and we didn't have tons of time there. I found that what most people in Key West do is just drink. Especially when the weather is not at its best. We spent most of our time there trying to find Ryan a new swimsuit since his ripped on the first day of the trip. And then we took pictures of funny stuff we saw.
 |
| Hilarious. This is one of the most vicious looking dogs ever. I don't think I'd want my hands that close to this particular dog. |
 |
| Nothing like getting your palm read by a chicken. |
 |
| This was the formal dinner night of the cruise. |
Our other port of call was Cozumel, Mexico. It's a small island off the coast of Cancun. It was hot! Ryan put his Spanish skills to use and he haggled with a Mexican taxi driver and we took a tour of the island all afternoon.
 |
| We did a stop at a very small ruins site called San Gervasio. |
 |
| There was place after place of gorgeous beach line. |
 |
| After the tour, we went to one beach and played for a couple hours. |
 |
| Getting ready to get back on the boat after a full day of fun. |
The last day of the cruise was just a day at sea. It was super relaxing. We walked around, took naps, read books, and just enjoyed the time together before heading back home to set up life together.
No comments:
Post a Comment