Background

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We're Married!

We love being a family! I feel like pictures mostly tell this story, so I'll just narrate. It all happened one beautiful day at the Washington DC temple.

April 28, 2012
A perfect day to marry the love of my life!
We were so happy to have our families and so many good friends present to support us.
And then of course we took tons of pictures all over the temple grounds. These are some of my personal favorites! 








Showing off the rings. We had to order Ryan's ring and it came 3 weeks later than expected. The day before the wedding I still didn't have the ring, so I went to the store and it came it THAT day! Phew!

The cake was just what I wanted. It was simple, yet beautiful.  We hear the chocolate layer was awesome, but unfortunately never got to try it.

We had an amazing spread of delicious food, plus an chocolate fountain, which was a huge hit. 

Cutting and sharing the cake
We held a luncheon at Bertucci's Italian Restaurant in Ashburn, near Ryan's parents' house. The reception was at the house that evening. It was so wonderful to have friends (and a lot of people we didn't know from Ryan's parents' ward) come and congratulate us on the big day.

About a month later we went to Boise over Memorial Day weekend for an open house there. It was so much fun! I saw so many old friends and people I grew up with. Some of my family also came up from Utah to see us too. We were hoping for a beautiful day, but alas, it ended up raining. We had to change plans at the last minute and have the reception inside the house. It was close quarters, but still very nice. I liked that it was a fairly casual. Ahem, quite literally actually, due to a packing mishap. The day we flew to Boise, I packed meticulously. I had everything by the door, including the wedding dress, all ready to go when Ryan walked in the door from work. Well, we picked up the bags, and made sure to take out the trash, and all seemed good. However, as we were getting out of the car at the airport, I suddenly felt like I was missing something. That's when I realized, I left the wedding dress hanging next to the front door! We didn't have time to retrieve it, so Ryan and I made a quick run to the mall on Saturday morning in Boise and I found at least A dress that I could wear. Though I think some people (especially my young cousins) were disappointed I forgot the dress, the open house overall went really well. We are so grateful for all the support and the gifts we received which are so helpful to us right now!

It was so wonderful of two of my favorite people, Mallory and Lisa to make a special trip to Boise to see me and meet Ryan! (This picture was post-open house. I was wearing a dress, but I changed.)



No comments:

Post a Comment