Background

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Daylight Exploration

Remember the two times I've already written about the hobo camp and our explorations? Well, on New Years Day we went back in the daylight for some quality photos. This is really a continuation of the Thanksgiving Day excursion.  We also had our friend Alba staying with us for a couple days, so we took her to see this craziness too.

Tons of abandoned bus seats? Or possibly train seats more likely. This site is right next to the W & OD trail, which used to be a railroad line. 

The jalopy. I think this had to have been a fairly nice car when it was in its prime. it's now all rusted out and filled with bottles. Ryan's mom has the license plate, though I can't remember the date on it. 

Alba, Tina, Ryan, and me next to the jalopy. Look how there's a house right behind us. Crazy how there is so much old debris here, and yet new houses are so nearby!

Another very interesting thing we discovered is an old building foundation. We think maybe some kind of house. There's now a huge tree trunk that has fallen on it, so whatever had been standing has been significantly reduced. But there is a very distinct brick/stone foundation, and steps going down, I would imagine to a cellar of some type. Here's some of the household things we found.

I think this is a metal bedframe?

Here's the refrigerator!

And this was my most favorite find! An old bicycle!
It's super fun exploring out here. It always feels like no matter how many times we explore, we find new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment