Ryan has had a long-held desire to be a black belt and be awesome at martial arts. So about 2 1/2 years ago he decided to enroll in a Tae Kwon Do studio. They've got this great deal at Top Kick where if two people in a family join, the rest of the family gets in free. So Ryan's whole family decided to join shortly after he did. When we got married, I became part of the Nokes clan and therefore became eligible to join for free. This is something I never in my life thought I'd be doing, but I am now an intermediate belt in TKD.
| Demonstration of our blocks at graduation |
I recently advanced from the gold stripe belt, which is considered a beginner belt still, to by green belt. I've been going to the intermediate/advanced class all along because that's where Ryan was anyways, but now I'm officially supposed to be in that class, which is great. The classes are actually a lot of fun, and a pretty good workout. I've done more push-ups than I ever thought possible!
Here's a demonstration of our form:
Never mind that I messed up a little bit in it. Also, contrary to how it looks in the video, I am NOT the only female adult in the class. We have several women who come. This particular graduation ceremony we seemed to be missing quite a few of the women. At the end of the demonstrations, we received our new belts. Happy to be moving up the ranks!
No comments:
Post a Comment