Background

Thursday, September 12, 2013

End of Summer

Finding time to have fun adventures is tricky. Finding time to blog about them is even trickier. Here's the sum up version of the rest of the summer.

 I taught a summer music camp for 4 year olds at the private school where I teach piano lessons. Two of the kids were great. The other two had the attention span of a chipmunk. Can you guess which two were which from the picture below. Needless to say, the camp was kind of a disaster. I had all kinds of great activities planned, but really what they wanted to do was just bang on the piano, and play ninja turtles. So that's kind of how it went.

Some kids have short attention spans. 

 We went on a great trip with the youth in our ward to Cape Henlopen State Park for a beach trip the weekend before school started. It was a perfect day!


Ryan's parents had tickets to the Chicago concert at Wolf Trap, but weren't able to make it. They gave us their tickets and we had a great time! The band was awesome. They played a bunch of their songs, but what I thought was really cool was that a lot of the time they just jammed. It was so fun to hear what incredible musicians they are!

Hard to get a great photo, but the band was great. 

Classic music...
 Ryan and I were asked to go chaperone a stake dance. Wow. Those have changed. I thought they were bad when I was a teenager, with not enough people dancing, but this was something else. None of the youth danced. Really. None. EXCEPT when the Dance Party video game was up on the screen. Then the youth would line up and follow the dance moves. But that's pretty much about the only dancing I saw, other than one slow song, with about 5 pairs dancing. Crazy...

Dance Party video game in the church parking lot
One of the highlights of the month for me was getting to fly to Houston to see my best friend get married! It was wonderful and I couldn't be happier for her. Brianna and TJ make a great couple. I only with the distance was shorter and I could see them more often. I got to help Brie get ready and also follow them around the temple to help with pictures. It was fun to be in Houston, but it was HOT! I left perfect Virginia weather and spent the weekend in 100 degree temps with humidity! Still, it was so great to be able to be there for her big day!

 



Labor Day weekend turned out to be a fun one. The day after I got back from Brianna's wedding, Ryan and I drove down to Williamsburg. We met Curtis and his girlfriend Melinda down there at Melinda's aunt's house. We spent the night there and then the next day went to Virginia Beach together. As you can see, it was a perfect beach day.



More fun to come, but Labor Day marks the end of Summer. Can it really be fall already?!

No comments:

Post a Comment