Waterford is a super historic town about 30 minutes away from where we live. It was founded around 1730, so it's one of the oldest communities in the country. We went out to their annual festival, which is a big deal. Everything in Waterford is historic, so the festival is like a revival from the past. This one man band was set up outside the corner store. The corner store was like an old fashioned bake sale of all kinds of home made goods--pies, breads, cakes, etc.
Across the street there was a man who was selling historic maps of the area. He researches stuff and does handmade drawings of the area as it once was. It was fascinating.
There were a ton of vendors, or really, master craftsmen who had tents and were exhibiting their talents. There was a guy using old fashioned equipment and crafting shingles for vintage chicken coops, potters with their wheel and clay, custom furniture builders, and so much more. They had art shows and food vendors. One person had these old versions of washing machines on display.
 |
| I'm so glad this is NOT the way I do laundry! |
Walking down the streets of town was very cool as they had some people dressed up in costume. This guy was an organ grinder and was playing music on the street. (When I told Ryan we should go see the organ grinder he asked if I was hungry. What? He was confused why I said organ grinder, but thought I meant a sausage maker. Haha!) They also had some of the historic homes open for touring on the main street. It was a beautiful day to be out, but way hotter than you would have expected for October.
 |
| I wished the organ grinder had a monkey. |
No comments:
Post a Comment