Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ryan Finally Gets to Experience Boise

Ryan and I had originally planned a trip to Boise in February so he and my parents could meet each other. Ryan had a work trip to Peru that week, but he was supposed to fly back into DC on Friday morning, so we could then fly out together Friday evening. Due to some ridiculous workings of the airline industry, he was unable to return home at the correct time, which meant we had to call off the trip. We rescheduled for Easter weekend, which turned out to be a great time to be there. My dad has a presentation he has memorized that he entitled "The Life of Christ." It is a compilation of scriptures that tell the story of Christ's life, his teachings, his Atonement, and testimonies of Christ. An organist plays background music that enhances the story. He began giving the presentation as a recitation when he was only 6 years old. It was a little bit shorter then, but not much. Though he has given the recitation before, I've never been able to attend. I've only heard recordings. It was really special to me that I could be in town for that.

We had some time while we were there that I could take Ryan downtown and show him around Boise a little bit. After living in the East for about a year, it was really nice to come home to a place where life is slower, things feel more relaxed, and people are happy to see you. I do feel like Boise is just such a friendly place. Here's a few things we did one afternoon.

We took a walk on the Greenbelt along the Boise River

We walked down to Boise State and around the campus a bit
 
We played around in front of the Depot. Ryan was really silly in most of the photos.

I'm so in love!
We had a great trip. It was so fun to introduce Ryan to so many people I grew up with, though I think he felt a little overwhelmed and on display. I'm so glad that my parents got a chance to spend some time with him before our wedding at the end of the month! Less than one month til we are married!!

No comments:

Post a Comment