Background

Monday, April 2, 2012

Cutest Craft Competition Winners

I recently discovered one of the funniest blogs I've ever read. I'm kind of hooked. The writer is hilarious, and let me tell you, he is prolific! He maintains several blogs and they are all funny. If you really want to laugh, check out this spoof of a mommy blog.  It's written by a man, and he's utterly ridiculous, which is what makes it so much fun to read. What I love so much about it is that it began as part of a joke that some random girl brought upon herself by accidentally sending a text to the wrong person. Luckily for us, it ended up on Eli's phone, and the ensuing conversation not only got posted on his original blog, but it spawned at least 2 additional blogs. Even if you never look at the eligetstobeamommy blog, check out this one, which details a text conversation about snuggies.

My friend Karin and I both thoroughly enjoy reading Eli's witty commentary about his entirely made up stories about raising 5 brilliant children (who don't exist). Recently he published a post about how much fun it is to make dream catchers with his kids, and then asked for readers to submit a photo of their own dream catcher for a "cutest craft" competition. As Ryan was out of the country for the week on work, I had some spare time, so Karin and I crafted this inspiring work of art.


The ring is from a jar of trail mix, and we cut out the center. And then it is lovingly adorned with rubber bands, q-tips, a candy wrapper, gold bow, a dream catcher earring I was given by someone on my mission, and of course, matched. My how it shines in the sunlight...or in the dark for that matter. Well, we submitted our craft and lo and behold, through a voting marketplace, we took the title of "Cutest Craft." We are so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment